My stamping adventures

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Tag fun

stamps used:  Stampers Anonymous
A couple of tags with lots of bright colors ... and for me that is hard because I'm more the vintage or muted color gal.  I went bright because I was thinking fun birthday tags.  for the background I used lots of distress inks ... regular and oxide then I spritzed a stencil with water ... placed the watered side down on the inked tag ... let it hang out for a minute or two ... then removed to get the faint water resist effect.  next I stamped the ostrich image onto kraft cardstock and colored with my Prisma color pencils as anyone who knows me that is my favorite coloring medium.  I fussy cut the ostrich (don't own the die) and mounted her on the tag with foam mounting tape.  the balloon on the right was stamped onto some backgrounds I had out on my table but the one on the left was colored with Prisma color pencils.  now the balloon I do have the die so I die cut them and again used foam mounting tape to pop them onto the tag.  the string on the left is stamped and die cut but the string on the right is actual string.  I stamped the words from the same stamp set with the ostrich.  Oooops, forgot about the party hat they were also stamped onto the background paper then die cut and taped to the ostrich's head.  these tags will be saved until I need to send out a birthday to one of my friends.

No comments: