My stamping adventures

Monday, October 9, 2017

Position that Fox!

stamp used:  stamp cabana
This is a beautifully detailed stamp that sometimes is a bit challenging to color.  With that in mind I decided to pull out an old tool of mine ... Stampa Rosa's two n' one Perfect Positioner.  I am not a fan of stamp positioners but when I bought this one years ago it was supposed to make it easy.  back in the day they used this type of positioner for what they were calling cartooning.


It is a bit bulky and I've never had the best of luck with it but I decided to pull it out before going out to purchase the new tool .... Misti.   I have to say it is still confusing and hard for me to use.
Anyway the cartooning is stamping the image with light color then coloring with favorite medium ... next stamp over the colored image with black ink to make it all pop.  if you look close at my example above you will see that I did not get it to exactly match up but it is o.k.  tried it a half a dozen times and all I did was waste paper, ink and my time!!!  this is just my opinion so please stamp positioner police don't come after me.  this tool of mine is being retired for good.  Misti here I come.  anyone know a place I can get one at a good price?


No comments: